Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Soufflé time!

A little while ago I found this recipe at zencancook.com and decided to give it a try.  It is a Grand Marnier Soufflé, baked in an orange.  Since this is my first attempt at baking soufflé, I enlisted the help of my friend Melanie.



A good thing it was, because it took the two of us two and a half hours to make this dessert.  Most of the time was spent on scooping the oranges out.  


The mixture of eggs, sugar, corn starch, milk, orange juice, orange zest and Grand Marnier turned out fluffy and delicious. We filled the oranges and popped them into the oven. 


The recipe says to bake it for 20 to 25 minutes, but ours was actually in for about 30. I also think that though it said to fill the oranges to the top, but next time I would leave a little space, since they rose up so high, that some of them overflowed. They all tasted delicious, however!

Here it is. My first soufflé. 

1 comment: