Thursday, February 26, 2015

Crystal Beauty

I have a confession to make: I am obsessed with giant crystal chandeliers. No, I don't own any. I also don't own a mansion or palace. Which is exactly where these beauties belong. Or in a theater - and that is where I found the specimen below. It hangs in the Baroque Theatre in the royal palace in Gödöllő, Hungary. The theater was recently restored (one of only two existing baroque theaters in the world) during the latest phase of the palace reconstruction.

Isn't this chandelier gorgeous? 







If you want to see it in real life, you can find information about the royal palace here. By the way, this is not the only beautiful chandelier on the premises. 

The palace hosted a variety of advent programs throughout the month of December. Would love to go take part... I only got to visit in the summertime, but it certainly looks magical in the snow. Visitors can attend programs throughout the year, concerts, plays and festivities.


Finally, here is a photo I found on the royal palace's web page (see link above) that shows the theater with chandelier. Yes, that do stage plays here. Check out the palace's programs page for 2015 and you may get to sit on one of those red velvet chairs.


1 comment: